Saturday, September 27, 2014

The GHC Excitement Sets In

The closer it gets to GHC, the more and more people I'm telling about it. "Hey I just met you but guess where I'll be in 10 days!!" Okay, maybe not quite like that but everyone that I do talk to know where I'll be from October 7-12. I'm just so excited! Not only is it a mini-vacation from school-life, it's such an amazing opportunity. Networking, hearing inspirational speakers, making new friends - and who could forget the swag bag and dance party! - it's a chance to discover, innovate, and celebrate. I can't wait to learn about the careers of other women in the tech field and how they've built their success. In particular, I'm looking forward to the Student Opportunity Lab where I can hopefully gain new insights as a student entering the work force, or potentially graduate studies. (Grad school isn't on the top of my list, but maybe I'll learn more that would change my mind!) I'm looking forward to going in with an open mind and see how the three days unfold! Although I'm usually a master-planner, I think I need to keep it simple and go with the flow, as not to be disappointed if things don't go exactly as I imagined. There's so much to see and do, I don't think you can go wrong whatever your experience is! The number one goal is to enjoy myself and make the most of each day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment